Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ellen



On the days I didn't have sports after school, I would always come home to find my mom glued to the TV at around 3. Why? Ellen DeGeneres was on. I never gave much thought of this show until I actually sat down and watched it with my mom. I actually found my self intrigued into the program and also found myself busting out a laugh quite a bit. I think what also captivated me to the program was that not only was it a show that gave you a break from your day to give you a few laughs but I also found out that Ellen truly does care about her fans and people in general.


When we talked about Ellen in class, we mainly focused on the daring movie of her coming out of the closet. I do believe she took a huge risk in doing this and I respect her a ton for taking that step but I believe that was just the beginning to her endless steps of bravery. Ellen has found a way to teach people that life is not always that bad. She has found a way to help out families that never that they would be able to afford anything and bless them with a check that brings them to tears. Along with the help to families, she has found programs and donated money to them including schools that need help in desperate times. Let's also not forget the fact that Ellen believes in dancing so that's also a great way to cheer someone up.

Overall, I find Ellen as true icon. She has found a way to break away from the mold that forced her to be scared of admitting her sexuality to becoming a hero in some people's eyes. She uses laughter and positive motives to show that life will always get better. Now whenever I get the chance, I love sitting down and watching Ellen with my mom knowing that Ellen is changing someone's life...one dance move at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment