Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How skewed is Entourage?


Seeing as I’m a production student I know I would love to move out to California and see my years pan out as the HBO series Entourage. I find it interesting that the show is a skewed version of Marky Mark’s life, who is also a producer on the show. Having watched the show progress I believe these actors played their parts well, there was good chemistry. Although I do have to say my favorite character Ari Gold (played by Jeremy Piven) made me laugh the most, partially because I am a fan from the movie Old School. Now back to Marky Mark, I am curious as to whether this is accurate to the way it truly is in LA, and I can only imagine yes. However, Mark Wahlberg is not your everyday actor. He has been through quite the career, it you don’t believe me look up his filmography, wikipedia only helps me in this regard.

I can see that not everyone in the business lives the same life; everyone has different pace different views, but is this accurate to how Wahlberg’s life played out at some point? I am sure there were parts thrown in for entertainment purposes I get that, so I guess what I’m really asking is how skewed actually was the series? I know the basis that they are from New York and move to Hollywood, but where did the experiences in LA come from? Where they lived out or written for the show? I would find it to be a crazy life style to say the least. Also I have been following the attempt to create a movie, which was understandable after the series finale. They want to see the series translate to the big screen like Sex and the City did, but some people do not foresee this this movie making out very well. The movie is supposed to undergo production on January 16th and be released in the spring of 2014, now that the actors have come to an agreement and the movie is to receive California’s Film and Television Tax Credit, which is the only way Warner Bros would make the movie. And as much as I want to just write out the plot to the movie, I care enough for those who like the surprise. For those who have seen the finale, you already have an idea of what is to come. If people have never seen the series finale should they watch it before the movie? I personally do not think that matters enough to me because I have seen sequels or such before the original. Some say otherwise, but I think it you believe you should watch the finale then just manage some time to watch the whole series. Here is a Wahlberg article regarding the plot which is really just a pick up from where it left off detail, and according to the article I am pretty positive he will make a cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment