Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I never use twitter

When you here pop culture one of the first things you think of is twitter. I used to have a twitter and used it pretty frequently, until about a month ago. The only tweets I liked were the nonserious ones. I felt that too many people used twitter to naively state their opinions on big social issues without actually knowing what was going on. This was especially true during the election. I hated even thinking about all the dumb tweets that people sent out like “Obama is bad” or “Mitt Romney hates poor people” just because they knew their parents were either republicans or democrats. Another big topic on twitter was the Kony 2012 thing. People kept tweeting about it thinking they were actually making a difference in the world just because they recognized that something should be done about it. I do find it humorous though when famous people compose tweets that they are later embarrassed about and delete them for example. Amanda Bynes. I completely forgot about Amanda Bynes until she became a hit on twitter with her tweets like @AmandaBynes: You get turned on but what you are not by what you're not” like what does that even mean? Actor Jason Biggs later responded to this Bynes tweet by asking if she had a stroke, to which Bynes replied you’re so ugly so I wont talk to you. Now that’s some quality entertainment if you ask me. Twitter is a big thing and just about everyone but me likes it, but I am glad I got rid of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment