Wednesday, November 20, 2013

women in sports

As a little girl I was obsessed with women athletes. Particularly track and field and tennis athletes. As I got older I began to admire and look up to women in all types of sports. My favorite was basketball and track and field.  I could name almost even team and all the starts that were going to be something but I think that I had to search and at that time it was at its peak when I was in middle school.  Now it seems that women's sports is falling off more and more because people seem to lack interest.  I admit I am not as fanatic as I used to be but I think part of that is because I can not watch it like I would like too in order to enjoy it and pick my teams.  People feel as if it isn't fast break after fast break or dunking at the end of a play then it isn't exciting.  Instead people should be looking at the athleticism and passion theses women posses for the game.  When you watch them play or run you can see the love of the game that some men even seem to lack.  It hurts my feelings that I am not as caught up in women's sports as i used to be but a lot of that has to do with the lack of publicity.  Hopefully things are being done in oder to change this and to bring back interest to women's sports. Despite some beliefs, women are just as athletic or possibly even more skilled then some of theses men and their cheated and unrecognized so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment