Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Twitterless



Well, as the title speaks for itself and I find this a great blog to complete the day, I am twitter- less. Yet all my roommates and friends that surround me still make the sense of tagging me to "tweet" at me. It does not bother me so much except for the fact that I cannot see what they provide for all of their "followers" to read. They talk about tagging me in their beloved and precious twitter as if I am not in the room. Then sometimes they continue to talk about tagging me and then advance telling me to get one. They continue to tell me how "cool" I would be if I got one now after the trend has sailed. Honestly, I could care less about twitter and I will not succumb to yet another unneeded social media platform. The only one I gave into was Facebook, and twitter is far from calling my name. Is twitter really all that different from Facebook anyway? Twitter is just another means of communication between people but in a more unique form. As I have come to interpret twitter without one, you do not accept friends to read your information and tweets, anyone who follows you can simply do so.  And just like unfriending in Facebook, you can simply un-follow someone who is of no interest to you however they can still follow you. To anyone who reads this if I am misunderstanding twitter please correct my view.  When it comes to what people put on social media, some of these people incorporate no thinking. I remember back to high school and as weird as it may be, the administration would look up social media of students and reprimand for “bad behavior”, but it was a Catholic school, does that matter? Anyway your future employer absolutely looks into your life whether you like it or not, and some of these kids do not consider that or refuse to believe it. I have seen some pretty debatably law braking and indecent material cross my path. The things people brag about these days, geez. But I do also notice the good. You are up to date and connected with friends no matter where they are. I would most likely use it solely to get information from people of power, the ESPN analysts. If anyone who reads this cares about twitter enough to change my mind, good luck.

http://www.thewire.com/technology/2013/04/its-okay-hate-twitter-now/64131/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment