Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sports Connections


I am currently watching the pacers and knicks game on espn and I find myself yelling at the tv whenever the pacers do something dumb or the knicks do something good, likewise I cheer when the opposites of those happen. I talk like I actually personally know who the pacers superstar Paul George is because I watch a lot of pacers games and I consider him to be my favorite player in the NBA. I have a parasocial relationship with Paul George and the rest of the pacer in that I feel like I know quite a bit about them, however none of them now who I am at all. It doesn’t really bother me as I know many other people have the same issue and I do not understand why I get so angry or happy during the sports games because whenever I yell at the tv its not like it will change the outcome of the game but I feel like it is my duty as a fan if I wasn’t so intense during the game. I justify my actions by saying that whenever I really get into the game, the pacers win the game, or if I don’t get into the game, they lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment