Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Disney Channel

     Is it just me, or are the shows on Disney Channel progressively getting worse? Maybe it's because I'm getting older and don't appreciate the humor that's targeted for a young child, but it just makes me sad. All of the shows I watched growing up were so awesome to me, and it sucks that they are all gone. Shows like Even Stevens, Kim Possible, and Phil of the Future were like gold to me. I remember spending my Saturdays just laying around watching my favorite shows on the tube. Now there is Dog With A Blog... the name speaks for it's self. I'm almost scared to look up the old Disney shows that I loved so much, because I might ruin my childhood memories by realizing that they are just as lame as the current shows. 

     As technology progresses I feel like Television in general is turning lame. It's getting put on the back burner with the introduction of Netflix, tablets, and improved laptops. Who wants to sit in front of a stationary object, watching only whats being shown with little choice, when you can have your entertainment right in your hands? I have a hard time adapting to change apparently, but sometimes I just want to rewind and relive my childhood when everything was awesome and Smart House and Life Size were still aired on the Disney Channel. Maybe Disney could have a throwback channel so the kids now can see how awesome we had it (and so I can relive my childhood). Sigh... A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment