Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Home

Its that time of the year my friends. Slowly but surely we have made it to the end of the year and I honestly couldn't be more excited. Thanksgiving and Christmas have to be some of my favorite holidays. Not because of the presents and all of the generic stuff but because of the thought of being with my family and being home. I think once you get to college, you
appreciate home so much more. Nothing beats your mom making you a home cooked meal or realizing how nice it is for her to do your laundry. I really took go granted this fact when I was in high school. But with the holidays, it makes us realize and appreciate the thought of home. Thats why they call it Thanksgiving, to remember to be thankful for the things that we have in our lives. Trust me, I know what its like to fight with your parents and go through some hard times, but onc
e you are way from home, you realize those small fights weren't worth it.

I think I love the idea of "home" is because there is so many things that influence or trigger the thought of home. It can be a simple smell or even an image that will make you smile. I think the biggest thing that makes me miss about home is my grandma. If you are blessed to have a grandma like me, you will understand that she would do anything to make me feel missed when I'm away at college. These little moments need to be cherished because when we least realize it, they mean the most to us. Just like what Dorothy told us, "there's no place like home."

No comments:

Post a Comment