Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Woman Power

       I am all about women being independent and being strong and confident in the fact that we do not NEED men to support us. Of course many women may feel that need and that is why they get married or are in relationships, and that is not bad in any sense. However, women do not have to rely on men for everything, like they did back in the old days.

       As old fashioned as I am about most things, I think women being confident in being independent and single is wonderful! Getting married and having a family has never been a huge dream of mine, and it never made the list of top goals in my life. But I have always talked about it as a possibility, so I am perfectly fine with the married and family life happening for me, but I am also perfectly content with being single and independent. I never want to feel like I am relying on one person (a husband) for my finances, for love, for support and security. I find those things elsewhere now and, in many ways, I am better off with it that way.

       With all of that being said I really admire women like Oprah Winfrey who have made it so big without a man. Regardless of whom she has dated in the past she does not rely on a relationship or having a man to do what she wants on her own, and I love that! I love the freedom of being able to do whatever I want and go anywhere I want without having to consider another person's future plans to make sure they fit together and match up, and I like the fact that I do not look to anyone to make me happy and feel special. I am perfectly content with being single, and I think many young women my age should feel the same way.

       If there were more young women who were not so desperate for attention and love from a boyfriend, other things in the world could be accomplished. So many young women waste their time on guys when they could be pursuing educations for themselves, doing things for the poor, and making a difference in society. That is what I want to do. Independence is so relaxing and so spacious. Not that being in a relationship and having a man bad, and I am not saying that every girl should be single. But for those who are simply wasting time on guys and relationships that do not work out, spend that time being independent and making a difference in the world! I know that Oprah gets a lot of negativity from the media and U.S. citizens, but she really does seem to do things that make a difference in society and in different parts of the world. And it also seems as though she enjoys doing things for other people, which is what we young women should be doing with our time instead of wasting it on love and romance that is, much of the time, useless and pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment