Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Athletes

For the past two classes we have been watching the documentary it’s more than a game.  This hit me close to home for multiple reasons. The reason is because I am a minority and can respect the struggles that former athletes went through for us to be in the position we are in today.  The second reason is because I am in fact an athlete.  I understand everything that was talked about I know the tough guise we put on.  I get how fame and riches can make you forget about everything that you went through.   LeBron James for example.  In the movie they said LeBron wasn’t using his celebrity to really make a difference.  However I know where he’s coming from.  As much as a dislike LeBron I can sympathies with him. When you come from nothing you don’t want to lose it and you will do anything to keep it.  In todays world unlike the past when everything was so high profile everything is kind of hush hush.  While we still face a lot of some of the same issues it’s like we gave up on them or just decided to come complacent.  Muhammad Ali had and the other great leaders of that time had to be vocal and resistant just to do what they were born to do.  Today people are just happy to be where we are.  Pop culture and media has sold an idea or te dream that everything is okay I wonder if past leaders would be happy with where athletics is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment