Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Heros



Ever since I was little, I grew up watching superheroes. I can tell you that my most favorite ones were the classic Batman or Spider-Man. I would always buy the toys for either superhero and make up my own adventure. What surprises me today is the fact that kids are still looking up to these heroes after all of these years. Why do you think they still do? What makes kids want to be these incredible heroes? Well I could tell you first hand since I was part of that fascination.

I think what draws us the most to these heroes is the thought of good verses evil. We always love to see why light over powers the darkness. Another great thing we like to see, is just like us, heroes fall along the way. Peter Parker was this nerd throughout his life and once he got his superpowers, he became more confident and believed in himself. I guess that's what heroes can show us. We might think that we are worthless but there will be a moment in our lives that will push us to see that we can overcome that obstacle. I know a lot of people think that superheroes just put up false hope for kids, but I don't see that at all. It gives kids that extra motivation to see they can make a change also. Just like how Make-A-Wish did for the "Batkid". A child battling cancer wished that he could be batman so Make-A-Wish foundation made that come true. They got the whole town of San Francisco to look like Gotham so a kid could dress up as Batman and fight crime. That just shows you the hope superheroes give to children and even the witnesses surrounding the child. We all have the power to do something great.


No comments:

Post a Comment