Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Snapchat


When I first heard of the Snapchat app I remember thinking how archaic it all seemed to take a selfie and send it to friend for a mere 10 seconds.  About a month later when all of friends had it including my 10-year-old cousin I realized I might have judged too soon. Now I send an average of 8 Snapchats a day. The app makes me laugh everyday and keeps me connected with friends and family all over the country. According to an article The Great Snapchat Mirage published by BuzzFeed, there are over 400 million Snapchats received per day. I find the whole concept of Snapchat very interesting. My friends and I were talking about Snapchat and we all agreed it is such a popular app because you can be a kid again. This is for many reasons. First you never know what you’re going to open, which makes it fun and exciting. You can also be silly and send funny even ugly pics of yourself to your friends.  What really makes Snapchat interesting is the acceptance of taking and sending selfies.  It’s a touchy subject in todays society some people thinks it’s perfectly fine to post photos of themselves where others thinks its self promoting.  Snapchat seems to make it okay to send a selfie because the receiver only has to look at it for up to 10 seconds.  Now in class we discussed the “rules” of Twitter. That made me think what are some of the common rules of Snapchat users. I asked my roommate and she had a lot to say.
1.)  Friends don’t screenshot friends Snapchats
2.)  Snapchats should be fun/funny pics not pics of you looking amazing
3.)  Don’t mass Snapchat it usually doesn’t apply to everyone you send it to
You might not agree with these rules , but no matter what you should check out the article and think about your Snapchat style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment