Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gaming moving Forward


Now that some of the most advanced gaming technology is finally being released, how do people see gaming transitioning into the near future from here? The PS4 released on November 15th and the Xbox One release on November 22nd, keeping the competition between the two as close as the computer freaks that made them. Some of the smartest people in the world put these machines together. I personally believe in Bill Gates, Microsoft, and I had and Xbox before a PlayStation, I lied I never had a PlayStation. So my fate was kind of set through my older brother, however rarely did I play the original PlayStation at my friend’s house back in the day. That being said I could never give into my opposition, a foreign built machine out performing mine, unbelievable. And thus I have always backed Xbox although there are some circumstances I can’t deny and will never admit to. So I plan of laying out a simple comparison of the direction these machines are headed. The Xbox One costs a staggering $499 compared to a PS4 $399, never before have I seen prices so high. The PS4 sold more than 1 million units within the first 24 hours, so the Xbox One has quite the standard to meet. There is a difference in games between the two because some games are only sold for one console, but some of these exclusively sold games are beyond me. The Xbox One, Kinect equipped, can allow for game playing simultaneously with television or a movie. The PS4 allows for streaming from Hulu and  Netflix. The true comparison in gaming all comes from the conch (controller), without it there would be no gaming. Xbox One run by AA and the PS4 still chargeable but only found to last for 7-8 hours. I just know some of my friends more keen to gaming have all been giddy this month in regards to releases.
 Also it is obviously a brilliant and simple strategy for anyone to see, great marketing of the release a few weeks before black Friday. Get your release date sales, get a boost from black Friday, and continue boosting through December for Christmas and I would say even to the New Year. Some people overlook the simple things.    

No comments:

Post a Comment