Thursday, November 21, 2013

Game of Thrones


A new HBO series that has come to spread through my friends is the Game of Thrones, a book series transformed to television. I was first introduced to this series through my brother who is constantly nose deep in some of the most recent reads. How well do these book series translate to the screen though? Seeing how well the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter did, I can see the Game of Thrones falling into this category, because it on HBO it can get into some more gritty material, and trust me there is plenty. After just three seasons I have had my interest kept every episode I come across, from the overload of medieval chaos to everything they portray through the series.  As per usual it is nearly impossible to put everything in the book to film, it would take forever. Although this is a television series and they have more minutes to use it still doesn’t happen. If you think about it the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter were made into movies not a television series, making them cram more information into a smaller space, but both successful.  Now the series is catching up to the series to quickly, some of his books haven’t even been written yet so it will be interesting to see the direction the show takes. If you only watch the series and haven’t read the books, then you find surprises around every corner. From a production perspective, I find it well done. The way the characters dress along with the actual dialogue makes viewers more attached to the series. Season 4 will premiere in spring 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment