Monday, November 4, 2013

a stereotypical classification

I feel like a lot of times people automatically associate christians as being homophobic.   I know what the real meaning of homophobic is because I was taught the meaning in my sociology class in high school but not every one knows the real definition of homophobic.  Just because people come from a certain (Christian for example) background or possess certain beliefs does not mean that they posses hatred or fear towards homosexuals.  Their are people that are christians that are actually homophobic just like people who are not christians that  are but it just irritates me that all christians seem to get a rep to be homophobic.  Every one is entitled to their opinion and beliefs. If a christian does not support a certain lifestyle or agree with some thing yet does not treat a homosexual any different then a heterosexual then they should not be automatically classified as a homophobic for their person belief.  I know I personally do not treat any one differently because of their sexuality, race, or class and I am a christian.  I have gay friends & associates, I am a christian and stand true to my beliefs yet people that don't know me or my friends may automatically classify me as homophobic because of my beliefs.  Every one has their own personal beliefs but before you start to classify them for what they believe based on stereotype, make sure you get to know them on a personal level person first. Very random post but that is a pet peeve of mine so I decided to write about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment