Saturday, October 26, 2013

Toddlers Tiaras Nightmare!

From the clip " Toddlers in Tiaras" that we watched in class on Wednesday got me really thinking especially since my major is in Child Development. Seeing how the child in the show (Mackenzie) having total control over her mother made me sick and completely shocked to see a parent be run over by their own child. What makes people of our generation watch such shows that these?



The first thing that came to my mind was "Oh my gosh that child is out of control!" I just kept seeing everything that the parent was doing wrong with the child, but for some reason I could not look away from what was being shown. From this show people are being exposed first hand what could go on during toddler beauty pageants. Which shocked me and there is no way I would put my child in something like that especially at a young age.

This show ties in with what we were talking about in class this week Princess Culture. It shows this little girl that is spoiled and gets everything she wants from getting a facial, to her nails getting done, her hair all dolled up, and wearing nice expensive clothes. If that parent continues to bring up her child like this, what is she showing her? Basically what I think is being shown that she is a princess and she will get everything that she wants without a fight. Well this child is going to be in for a rude awakening when she hits the real world because no one’s life is like a princess getting everything you want and having people cater to you. Shows like this make me sick because this child and mother need a reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment