Friday, October 25, 2013

Parents influence..

I personally think that parents play one of the biggest roles in their children's lives.  Yes, I agree media can have affects on children and teens. I also know that my parents had the biggest effect on who I am todady. Society may have defined me as a "tom boy" at a young age because I preferred to race my dad's toy cars, wrestle with my dad and brother, and race the boys at recess time but my parents never fed into any of it or worried I was gay or anything. I saw what other girls did and I had female friends but it never shaped who I was or am. I loved movies like Mulan, Cinderella, the little mermaid and etc but I also loved watching sports all day. Society wouldn't know how to define me probably. My parents treated me like a girl, made sure I knew I was a girl and just because I liked different things didn't make me any different from other girls.  I grew up with decent self esteem and honestly think those things didn't shape how I grew up at all.  I do understand that every one doesn't come from a household with good parents but even in those instances I don't know if I agree with the fact that princess movies have a HUGE impact on girls lives. Some influence maybe, but not as big and negative as some make it seem..

No comments:

Post a Comment