Monday, October 21, 2013

Branding

               We talked a lot about branding in class a while ago.  The whole time in class it felt like everything was so negative.  I can understand why people feel this way.  However, I don't think it's all-bad.  I like the fact that we have choices.  We don't have to wear one thing we get to decide what's best for us.  I couldn't imagine a world where that wasn't so.  I like brands they have meaning to me.  It brand represents a feeling or a lifestyle.  True, I probably feel this way in large part because of, lifestyle marketing.  But if the brand represents me or even if it's just that I feel good wearing it what exactly is the problem?  People these days care too much about the opinion of the world.  I mean not to say that I'm some original who doesn't care but I don't care to care.  I do what I do because I want to.  So when I see branding I don't look at it as something that means I'm cool or not.  I just look at it as something that looks good or makes me feel good.  After all Frank would say cool doesn't exist anyway.  So, the next time you see a pair of jeans or any thing don’t discredit it just because you don’t want to be main stream.  Remember what Frank said, “counter culture is a myth and there is no such thing as cool.” So do what makes you happy and maybe you will find your cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment