Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Food Inc

            I have seen the Food Inc movie multiple times. Every time I watched it, it was for a class, and I had to analyze it. I've always had the same opinion. I think that people are going to eat whatever they want to eat regardless of what it exposed about the food, because they are already somewhat addicted to it. For example, it would be very hard to break a child from their love of McDonald's even if you showed them that the food wasn't real. To be honest, I don’t think that Americans really care, because it tastes good. They would much rather not know the truth behind the food, or they would rather ignore it.
            I also completely agree with the theory about the food cycle, and how cheaper food is causing people to stay in poverty and only be able to afford that food. It was well explained in class that cheaper food results in cheaper labor. Also, the fact that a 2 liter of pop cost less than a gallon of milk is mind blowing. Another example is the family mentioned in the film that could only afford to feed their family with the dollar menu at various fast food restaurants. Rather than going out, grocery shopping, and cooking a fresh meal, they had to resort to fast food in order to keep their family fed.

           Overall, I think that Food Inc is an amazing documentary that all should see. I think that it definitely raises awareness, but ultimately does not change the minds of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment