Monday, October 28, 2013

Food Corporations Are Making Us Fat



   While online, I came across an interesting picture portraying how the food corporations price their foods. I truly believe that the food corporations are making it their goal to make us fat. I make this argument because the most unhealthy foods are the cheapest and the foods that are good for us are the most expensive. After watching Food Inc., I realized that these corporations are making our foods so fast that they are becoming more and more unhealthy. If corporations starting making and growing foods more naturally and healthier, it will take longer as well as cost more money. I believe that the food making industry has lost sight of providing people foods that are healthy because they are not making as much money as they would making all this fast, unhealthy food just to make a profit.
   When corporations do this, I believe that this is completely unfair to the lower class people because they are missing out on healthier food just because they cannot afford it. I also believe that this is unfair to society because we really do not have a choice but to eat these foods because many of us cannot start our own farms and gardens simply because we do not have the resources. So I guess we have to work with what we got for now but hopefully someone comes and save the corporations from making us fat. I really understand that corporations are trying to make a profit, but is it so wrong to make a profit off foods that are healthy for the consumers?



No comments:

Post a Comment