Saturday, October 19, 2013

Branding

Even though we talked about branding some time ago I thought it was worthy enough blog about.  I don't participate much in class, but I am a business major and from that viewpoint, I think the way branding works is brilliant.  Our society is so caught up in names, and the new trends, they are completely blinded that branding is even taking place.  Also the idea to target children is an even more brilliant idea.  Why not target future consumers that are expected to be around much longer than any of us?  From a consumer standpoint, I think that its sad because many people will not buy products unless it has some type of brand on it.  People are just obsessed with names and it is very much apart of our culture.  However, who do we blame?  We are not forced to think and consume this way.   I do not blame companies and corporations because that's what Marketing teams are getting paid to do.  At this point it is too late to do anything about it because even the youth in our culture want the latest Air Jordan shoes, and the Nike backpacks.  In my opinion this is really sad because I feel like, in a way, people who are unable or choose not to blend in with everyone else and aren't obsessed with brands are looked down upon.  Especially children, they feel like they aren't "cool" enough all because of material things.  Our society is growing more and more to be a materialistic society where the more things you have and the more brands you have the more value you are in society.  

No comments:

Post a Comment