Saturday, October 26, 2013

Disney Is Not So Bad!



During class Friday one of the main topics was Disney and how they portray the Princess Culture. For me growing up my sister and I would watch Disney movies all the time from Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Tangled. Many argue that Disney is showing young girls that in life you will find your prince charming live in a nice house and have everything that you have every wanted in life. Yes, I do have to agree that Disney movies do that but I also believe that they show some good qualities especially when it comes to a girl standing up for themselves and being independent. For example, in Cinderella it shows her being a maid for her evil step mother and step sisters but even though they don’t treat her well or nice you never see her treat them the way that they treat her. This shows girls that no matter how bad someone treats you that you should treat everyone with kindness. Just in many other movies that Disney does show the girls being strong, independent, standing up for ones self, never giving up on a dream that they have, and being yourself. I believe those are some great qualities to have in a movie to show young girls that being a woman can be a strong and powerful thing. I loved watching those kinds of movies when I was younger and I did learn from some of those movies. So ladies embrace all the great qualities that each and every one of you have and always chase after your dreams. 

*The clip above just goes to show how sweet and nice princesses are and how they are always encouraging other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment