Monday, October 14, 2013

Food as Pop Culture-Twitter Diet

Making food, eating food, taking pictures of food and going out to eat food; no matter where you look, we are surrounded by food.  Food is showing up in all of our social media sites.  People take pictures of food and post them on Instagram, they create a status about where they are going for dinner on Facebook and we are finding all sorts of recipes on Pinterest.

While reading the Twitter Diet, I could not believe that this reporter wanted to share his diet with the world.  I know that when I go on diets, that I have the support from my friends and family, but I would never share it with everyone on my social media.

Stelter brought up a very good point in his blog.  He said that the hardest part was for him to be honest with his followers.  Sure, it's easy to tell the world when you made a good decision and baked fish and broccoli instead of devouring a whole pizza; but what about the times when you mess up?  I know that I would not be able to be honest with everyone and say,"Hey, I messed up today and had a burger."

I think Stelter's concept was a really neat way to use social media.  Not many people have the strength to be able to tell the world how their diet is going.  He even mentioned that he bought a new scale that automatically posts your weight on social media.  As great as this concept is, I think people should keep this sort of information to themselves.  I don't want to read about how little you ate for dinner and how much weight you've lost every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment