Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Letting it all soak in..

   It usually takes a few days after we stop talking about a various topic for it to really sink in with me. After two or three days I start to see a lot of the signs and notions we talked about for the various problems in our media. Well the following just happened to me in about the cycle of 3 hours.
  
  I had some free time today and decided to kill some time playing video games. I had slipped the game Call of Duty:Black Ops and started to play. If anyone is familiar with this game you know there is a pretty gruesome interrogation scene in one of the beginning levels. You as the main character takes a piece of broken glass and puts it inside a Russian scientists mouth and begins to punch him to gain information. It took me about 4 years of owning the game to realize how wrong this is! I really became that victim of the militainment and stepped inside that 3rd sphere of the virtual citizen soldier, not realizing the reality of whats happening other then saving the day in my fictional videogame world.

   After watching Food Inc. today I also realized a few things...Going to make my luxurious dinner tonight of generic brand mac n cheese and a ham sandwich, I began to notice the branding of all the food I bought. Almost every product I own has some sort of "hometown farm" brand to it like the movie said that disguises the product, when reality its only owned by 3-4 major companies.

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still a little freaked out to eat chicken as well...

   

Andrew Storey

No comments:

Post a Comment