Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reality TV

          I am a big reality TV fan. I knew this discussion would come up in class sooner or later, especially after we touched on jersey shore awhile back. Today, we talked about the show ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’, and ‘The Real Housewives’. I do not watch Honey Boo Boo, but I have watched The Housewives before. We discussed ways in which these television stations are making fun of these people. Topics that were thrown out were the fact that they post subtitles over their speech, put them in locations where they would stick out, or the music and camera angles they film them at. I’m not sure if it would ever be able to be clearly defined whether these people were actually being made fun of or not, but I would say that I agree with the fact that they are in fact being made fun of. What I would also argue is whether that is a bad thing or not. I believe that the people who are on these shows probably know that is something that comes along with it, and have no problem with it. Most of the time, they make fun of themselves before anyone else can, as we seen in the Honey Boo Boo clip.
            As far as The Housewives go, we discussed how America loves to watch them spend their money in garnish ways, and act out. My opinion is “who cares!” I think everyone is entitles to spend their money how they choose, and if they want to go broke making a spectacle of themselves, that is their business.
horrible people, not because he was gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment