Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Go Ellen!




On days that I can watch Ellen DeGeneres I do she is probably one of my favorite talk show hosts to watch. Why might one ask I watch it is because she is entertainment and you can see how Ellen truly does care about her fans and guest on the show. She treats all of her guest special and always has a surprise for them during the show.  


In class we talked about how Ellen came out of the closer was a big move for television. I do think it was a daring move for her. I have a guy friend who is gay and I remember him telling me how it felt like a huge weight lifted off his shoulders once he came out. This just shows how strong Ellen is about coming out because I’m sure that was not easy for her at all. Ellen’s show shows people that life is not always bad and that people should be grateful for what they have. She has done a lot for families all over and donated money to many programs.




I believe that Ellen is an icon to many and it doesn’t matter that she is gay. I believe more people look up to her because she is so open about her sexuality, outgoing, and a funny woman. I always give major props to people who are kind and strong just like Ellen. Ellen is changing one person’s life at a time and what is more rewarding then that?

No comments:

Post a Comment