Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ellen Degeneres

So, I personally love Ellen. I have seen her from a distance when I found out she was going to be at Universal when I was there. I waved to her and she even laughed at me because I was screaming just about anything to get her attention. She was next to her wife and she looked so happy. Now, I didn't know she was gay until she said so on her show. I was not surprised and it certainly didn't make me hate her. Why do I love Ellen? For her life choices or her comedy and work material? I love her sense of humor and what this blog is about is to not judge this woman for being gay and how she uses it as a publicity stunt.

I know she is a genuine person for many reasons. First one is because when I, among many others, was at Universal she was handing out water bottles herself and told us not stick around because it was so hot. She wasn't expecting star treatment to be fanned and cooled, she was being human. Second reason is because she helps so much to those she can. She gives away prizes and money to those in need. It comes from her fame and she genuinely wants to help people and make them laugh. Third reason is that she involves her audience in her show, which if it was just for the money, she wouldn't do. My argument here is that she is passionate about her work. There is no denying she has helped people embrace who they are and helped people come out of the closet. She was the start to a domino effect for many television series today. I think it is a great thing and people seriously can't help who they love so more power to those who dare to be themselves. You have my vote. To end this, I liked this quote I read on twitter. "Supporting gay rights doesn't make you gay! I support animal rights! Does that make me an alpaca?"

No comments:

Post a Comment