Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Twitter


I had something come up this weekend that I thought was very interesting. What the situation had to deal with just goes to show how social media just effects our lives so much in our modern day world. So my girlfriend and I were driving back to Muncie from were we are from (Carmel). When we got to Muncie we remembered that the volleyball state championships were being played at Worthen Arena. Our former school was playing in the 4A game against Avon. So my girlfriend got on her phone to see who had won the match or to see who was winning. She first put it into Google and she couldn’t find anything on it. All she could find were articles that were from earlier in the week about the state championship matches. So I told her to get on to Twitter to see if it was trending and to see what they were saying on there. Sure enough she typed it in to see if it was trending and it was also she looked up the athletic directors twitter feed to see if he had any updates. He was there so it made it easier to just follow what he was saying. Carmel did up loosing the match and the title but it was just interesting to me to see how is it is to see what is going on using twitter or Facebook than any other tool now a days.       

No comments:

Post a Comment