Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Reality TV and Me

When we began talking about reality TV, I was so bummed because the topic of "reality tv," is something that I have come to despise. Every channel seems to have some horrible reality game show or just regular reality TV show. Even cartoon network had "total drama island" which is a cartoon version of shows such as "Survivor" or "Big Brother." As we watched clips of Honey Boo Boo, I sat thinking to myself about how stupid it was and how it makes no sense that someone would watch this.

Then it dawned on me, for the span between 2009-2012, I had watched the Jersey Shore with my friends every week and nothing thought anything about it. I actually didn't care for the show at all, but I continually watched it and commented on what each of the characters did in the show. I even felt like I needed to catch up with what happened when I missed an episode. It's embarrassing knowing that I was part of the reason that Jersey Shore was allowed to continue as long as it did.

Has anyone else realized this with a specific show?

No comments:

Post a Comment