Monday, September 9, 2013

You guys made it facebook offical yet?



     I like to consider myself the mediator in my group of friends from back home and even my friends here at Ball State. I like for all my friends to come to me with any problems that they may have be it big or small. Being a person in my demographic, the 21 year old male, most problems that many friends bring up to me is the ever-questioned and the one topic man will never fully understand, WOMEN. That one problem always comes with the exact line or usually a version of it...... "dude we even made it facebook official."

    It isn't near as big as issue as it once was in gradeschool and highschoo but  it still comes up many times today. Not always in that same dialogue but very similar. "Man I just checked her facebook, gotta boyfriend".."She seems pretty cool, I think im gunna DM her"...."She just gave me a relationship notification, what should I do?....are just some of the things ive heard. Digital communication via social media has  replaced simple one on one moments that are significant moments in adolescents and even adults lives. I think facebook is a big reason a lot of people my age lack certain social skills. Many of my friends my age would rather sit alone in class and not socialize or branch out, they'd rather keep their web of friends intact, and that web being held together by a web including twitter and facebook. Also many of my friends would rather ask a member of the opposite sex if their on facebook or if they have a twitter handle.
   
   Twitter in my opinion really has broken the levels of man to women contact that have been almost ritualistic in times before us. Whats to happen in ten years?...twenty years?, by twenty years we're on the verge of having marriages via Ipad.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment