Monday, September 9, 2013

Why I hate Twitter.

As an advertising major, I am constantly being told how Twitter is a key for all media planning. As we have been learning about Twitter in this class it has only made my hatred towards Twitter grow. Yes, I said it, I HATE Twitter. I'm not just a hater because I think it's making us lonely and depressed as many of the recent articles we have been reading address, I believe that is all social media. I hate Twitter for a number of other reasons.

First off, I hate all the Ads I see. You would think as an ad major I would appreciate the ads but when I am trying to see what my friends are up to but my newsfeed is being cluttered with Wendy's, Wal-Mart and Target ads it's hard to focus on what I want to see. It's like just to see 3 of my friends tweets I have to see 2 Wendy's ads for their new bacon deluxe burger (and no, I don't know why I get so many Wendy's ads, I guess Twitter knows me too well.)

Second is the peoples tweets I have to look at. I like to go on there and look at funny tweets. Twitter is used too often for people to make their boring day sound exciting. I do not care that you just ate a bagel and now on your way to class. If it doesn't interest me, then I don't want to read it. I like Facebook more now because it has steered away from the constant status updates.

Third and most importantly I hate reading retweets. I don't like when I see a tweet and I think, "I don't even know this girl, why is she on my news feed?' and then I realize one of my friends retweeted her tweet and now it's showing up on my wall. What's worse than hearing how your friends just ate a bagel? Hearing that some random person I don't know just ate a bagel. If I want to see someones tweets I follow them, I don't need you to retweet all their tweets for me. Especially when they retweet their favorite celebrity's  or comedian's, just because you think Kat Williams is hilarious doesn't mean I do so I don't want to see all their tweets.

So I said it, I hate twitter. I know many people don't agree with me but it's just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment