Tuesday, September 24, 2013

little off topic, but i cant not talk about it

Thinking back on it, it amazes me to think what our technology has enabled us to do. We can watch people with remote control robots, tap cellphones, track people over the internet and so on.

Like we talked about in class, we also all these great social media platforms to share ideas, concepts and miles upon miles of information with each other. But it sickens me, I mean sickens me, turns my blood to venom when I see people abuse this. Not even five minutes ago I had gotten home from class and sat down on my couch like every other student does. I checked twitter, I checked the onion, simple things to provide the entertainment in our times of boredom. But then I decided to check Vine, an application I actually enjoyed quit a bit until now.

Scrolling down I saw the same old things, overweight people dancing to Skrillex, everyone copying the Terio "Oh Kill Em Dance" then I saw something revined, the vine version of getting "retweeted" that made me almost and im still debating, deleting my vine account because of it.

I saw a sick human under the vine name, "The Grey" beating his dog. Slapping it in the head, pulling on its ears violently, and laughing like a borderline dictator. It sickens me that this exists. This isn't the first time either. After I witnessed this I did some research and theirs been a few different instances like this. People kicking cats, throwing them in the ceiling, shooting animals with crossbows, I was on the verge of tears reading some of the articles I found. The fact that we can do everything we can do that I stated above with technology but we cant find a man who posts a six second video on a public application like Vine. It makes me pretty upset to be an American. We can have and fund a remote control stealth plane but we cant put this petty sick freak to justice.

Correct me if im wrong but this man hasn't been apprehended yet. So lets down our own form of activism. If you know anything about this man call animal control, its not something to tread lightly over, post on facebook about it, make it known.


Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment